Business Interruption and Insurance Claim Services
H+L’s experts are often retained by businesses, insurance companies and lawyers to bring our significant experience and expertise in accounting and economic analysis to assess commercial insurance claims involving business interruption, extra expense and/or property damage losses.
Our experience in insurance loss crosses virtually every industry within Canada (see client page), particularly in oil and gas (including oil sands), manufacturing, retail, hospitality, and construction.
We understand the complexities of insurance and the impact client specific coverage can have on each loss situation. We have experience with all policy types. Our professionals possess both insurance and accounting expertise to provide independent, fact-based assessments useful in the settlement of commercial insurance claims.
Our insurance claim services include management of business interruption losses and property damage cost control, specifically:
- Assisting companies to understand the claim process and claim preparation
- Providing financial and operational analysis in order to understand the complete impact of a business interruption loss
- Managing, compiling and summarizing costs related to property damage claims in conjunction with policy terms and coverage extensions
- Working closely with loss adjusting team in order to expedite the claims process
- Critiquing business interruption and property damage reports prepared by others
- Assisting during the mediation/settlement process
- Providing expert testimony at trial
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.